Lincy Thomas Law Firm
CALL US AT 214-799-1USA (1872)

Get honest answers about your immigration options.

  • Family based immigration
  • Employment based immigration
  • waivers
  • TPS
  • Deferred Action for Students
  • Immigration Reform
Contact Us
Call and set up your confidential and personal consultation with an attorney today
214-799-1USA (1872)
Family Based Visas
If you are a US citizen, you can apply for a visa for your spouse, your children, your parents, and your siblings.  If you are a a Legal Permanent Resident, your spouse and unmarried children can come to the United States if you file a petition for them.  
You are not required to be represented by an attorney.  But many times, talking to an attorney who focuses on immigration law before you file anything can save you money and time in the long run.  The law is complex and there are so many exceptions to various options. 
Also if your family members came without a visa or overstayed a visa or broke any criminal law or civil laws here or in another country, they may be required to file waivers before they can get this visa or green card.

A person can be a US citizen by birth or naturalization. Naturalization involves an interview and an English and US history and civics exam.  You may be eligible to take the test in another language or avoid the test requirements entirely.  There are medical disability waivers and options for elderly people, and those whose parents are US citizens. 
Employment Based Visas
Under current immigration law, employers can apply for visas for their workers. There are long-term and short-term options, and the options can vary depending on the worker's country of origin and educational background.  As of March 31, 2013, there is hope for a renewed guest worker program that will help our small businesses find workers for hard-to-fill jobs.  The United States of America also offers visas for those driven entrepreneurs and innovators who have ideas and the determination to create new businesses and bring more jobs to America.  

Non-immigrant visas
If you are a hard-working and ambitious student, you may be eligible for a student visa to the United States.  There are different types of visas depending on your goals and your educational plans, from F visas to M and J visas. 
Or you can apply for a visit visa to come and check out the business opportunities here or just to enjoy the various vacation destinations in the United States of America.

Temporary Protected Status / Asylum / NACARA
Our country has always been a destination for those who had nowhere else to go. Depending on the situation in your country, you may be eligible for Temporary Protected Status / TPS.  If you have been persecuted or tortured for exercising your religious freedom or your political rights or if you have been targeted in your country because of your race or social group or gender, you may be eligible for asylum.  

Deferred Action for Students and Immigration Reform
On June 15, 2012, President Obama and our federal government allowed students, DREAMers who were brought here as little children to apply for work permits if they met certain requirements.  Currently, both parties are actively talking about a solution for the millions of people who are in the shadows but contributing to this great country. Now is the time to get your documents in order so that you can be ready to apply when immigration reform happens.